Our skin is a critical organ as it keeps everything together, and with the pounding it receives from typical living, your skin can suffer as a result. Too much sun will cause skin damage, and your diet should be balanced, providing your body will all the nutrients it needs to be healthy. There are many natural ingredients that promote healthy skin, and here are just a few that are said to have beneficial properties for the skin.
- Ø Avoid Hot Showers – According to some skin experts, taking long, hot showers can strip the essential oils from your skin, while also removing moisture. If you really must have a hot shower, turn down the heat a little and make it a short experience. A simple way to check the dryness of your skin is to lightly scratch a small area on your arm, and if it leaves a white mark, your skin could do with some moisturiser.
- Ø Online Products – There are many good products available online, and you can buy skin care products online in Malaysia, or anywhere else for that matter, and with the lowest prices, it won’t cost a fortune. When buying moisturisers and cleaning products, it is always advisable to use well-known brands, as they are less likely to contain harmful chemicals.
- Ø Coconut Oil – This amazing substance is so beneficial to the human body, and a coconut oil massage once a month will really rejuvenate and moisturise your skin. Great for the face and neck, coconut oil replenishes the essential oils that daily living takes out, and with regular use, your skin will always have that special glow.
- Ø Regular Exercise – Aside from the obvious health benefits, a good workout causes a person to sweat, which is nature’s way of cleaning the skin by unclogging pores, and the action of sweating helps to remove toxic chemicals from the body. Exercise also improves blood circulation and this is essential for a healthy complexion.
- Ø Avoid Scented Soaps – While it is nice to have scented products, some can be harmful to the skin, and to be safe, it is best to avoid perfumed soaps. Natural ingredients are always preferred, and with many online stores that focus on healthy beauty products, you will find the ideal soap in no time.
- Ø Sun Protection – This cannot be over emphasised, and any area that will be exposed to the sun should be protected with a sun cream. Vaseline cream can help keep the skin moist, and if you are swimming in the ocean, make sure to wash off the salt water as soon as possible. A healthy tan is nice, but too much exposure can cause unsightly wrinkles to appear, not to mention the skin cancer risks.
If you follow the above advice, your skin should always look healthy and clear, and should you ever notice anything unusual, a visit to a dermatologist will put your mind at ease.