Since we are now living in the hectic and polluted world environment, it quite affects our life and health condition and makes a lot of problems. In order to treat such illnesses, people have gone beyond the supplements and the steroids. Even though those supplements and the steroids are offering you the fantastic features, it may also cause some problems to your health. In that manner, co-occurring disorder is one of the illnesses that make your life to be so unhappy. In this article, you are going to see every aspect of this disorder in deep.
What is the co-occurring problem?
Actually, a person is known as affected by the co-occurring disorder when he or she is having the presence of both the mental and substance use disorder. For instance, a person may be abusing the narcotic and may have the bipolar disorder.
In fact, the person is also having the problems of the co-occurring problems, when he was affected by the mental and physical disorders. As both of these problems are getting affected, this is also known as the dual disorder.
- Substance use disorder
In normal, the substance use disorder can include with some major problems like as follows.
- Drug abuse or alcohol abuse – It can be diagnosed with the substance use interferes with the functioning of the school or work and even in the social relationships. In some cases, it may also lead to some hazardous problems.
- Drug dependence or alcohol dependence – It is a severe condition of the drug abuse. In this situation, people fail to control the intake of the substance. So, withdrawal of such habits may make you a lot of problems.
- Mental health disorders – The mental illnesses can also affect the person to make the co-occurring disorder. In fact, some of the severe mental illnesses are like schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
Things that you know about the co-occurring disorders
Patients who are suffering from the co-occurring disorders normally exhibited in a high degree of complexity.
In fact, the patients cannot fit into the standard mode of the care or the guidelines.
The traditional days of the medical situations, doctors and the medical practitioners never treated the dual diagnose problems in a simultaneous way.
Long term use of the continuous methods of the treatment can also be attributed to the medical experts with the multiple disciplines.
Nearly one third of the people are having these mental illness problems by taking the supplements. There are some factors that cause this co-occurring disorder and they are mentioned as follows.
- Genes – This is by the reason of genes that interacts with the body of the person.
- Personality – Attitude and personality of the person may also lead to this problem.
- Brain chemistry – One’s mental condition of like the brain chemical level can be affected. Whether any changes in the dopamine level in the brain can cause this problem.
You can get more details about this illness by searching through online.