Anxiety or anxiousness is a normal emotion but if you feel nervous and depressed all the time then it can be a major problem. Anxiety is common in humans when they face a problem at work, or before an exam or taking some important decision. However, anxiety disorders are the mental illness which can hamper your normal life. It can be caused due to some sort of fear or depression or bad event in your life which can disable you from leading a normal life. But don’t worry things can improve with proper treatment and medication. There are several types of anxiety disorders and one must diagnose them first so that it can be treated effectively.
Types of disorders
An anxiety disorder can include different conditions and may be difficult to detect. It includes conditions such as
- Panic disorder – This can be a feeling of fear which can strike at any point in time and so this disorder is commonly detected by panic attacks faced by an individual. The panic attacks can cause sweat, chest pain, palpitations or even a heart attack in worst cases.
- Social anxiety – This disorder is commonly known as social phobia which makes one feel uncomfortable and anxious about social situations. This disorder is due to a feeling of embarrassment in public places and you are quite fixated about other’s view about you.
- Specific phobias – This can be a fear of any specific thing like height, flying, water etc. This can cause b situations at times.
- General anxiety disorder – This is unrealistic worry and excessive tension without any specific reason.
Symptoms of this disorder
- Uneasiness, fear, and panic
- Sleep disorders
- Hands or feet feel tingling or numb, sweaty and cold
- Breathing problems and palpitation
- Dry mouth
If you have one or more of these symptoms in an aggravated fashion then it is high time for self-help and you must contact your medical practitioner at the earliest for further diagnosis and treatment.
Anxiety and depression are difficult to detect as well as treat. However a combination of one or more of these therapies can help a lot —
- Medication – Several antidepressants work for anxiety disorders along with depression as both are closely related. Most common drugs used are Lexapro and Prozac. These can be combined with low dose of antipsychotic drugs which can lower anxiety. These can help in case of panic attacks also.
- Psychotherapy – It includes counseling with an expert who can understand the root cause of your emotional issues and mental illness and help you overcome the problem.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – This psychotherapy can change your behavioral patterns and bring about emotional stability and calmness.
- Diet – A healthy and balanced diet with no traces of caffeine, energy drinks and chocolate can reduce the symptoms of anxiety disorders. A proper healthy body can lead to a healthy mind.
There are numerous self-help courses available at https://openforest.net that can help you improve your quality of life.