The world of cannabis is expanding every day and if you are not familiar with its ever-evolving strains, you will be lost. It is crucial that you know the difference between the different cannabis strains to make it easier for you to identify the right strain for your health symptoms.
You have to know though that there are two broad categories of medical cannabis – cannabis indica and cannabis sativa. The combination of the two strains is called a hybrid. The categories were established in the 18th century by researchers after observing chemical and physical differences between the plants from different regions.
Here’s how to know the best cannabis strain for you according to your health symptoms:
Cannabis sativa is known for its energising and uplifting effects. The plant contains higher amounts of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). This in effect causes more cerebral effects compared to the indica strain. Simply put, it gives this euphoria effect. This strain is best for daytime use. On top of that, it can help you stimulate creativity and induces focus. Sativa is distinct because it has tall and thin physical appearance.
• Medical symptoms relief: it can give relief from physical pain, stress, mood swings,fatigue, and nausea.
• Medical effects: once taken, you will notice an increase in energy and focus. Your mood will be uplifted and you will feel happy.
• Favorite sativa strains: there are many sativa strains that you can consider. Sativa strains include Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Candyland, Island Sweet Skunk, Tangie, Super Lemon Haze and many more.
• Who can benefit from sativa? People with mood disorders including bipolar disorder and depression can benefit from sativa use. Additionally, people diagnosed with ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), Glaucoma and Alzheimer’s disease will find sativa helpful in improving their symptoms.
Cannabis indica is known for its sedating and calming effects. The plant contains a higher amount of cannabinoids than sativa strain. This in effect increases its relaxation effects, which is perfect for many diseases and illnesses. The indica plants are distinctly shorter and denser compared to sativa.
• Medical symptoms relief: it can give relief from anxiety, insomnia, nausea, headaches,and seizures. It can also improve physical pain and muscle spasms.
• Medical effects: once taken, you will notice muscle relaxation, sleepiness, and increased appetite.
• Favorite indica strains: there are many strains that you can consider. Indica strains include Platinum Kush, Purple Kush, Blueberry Kush, Skywalker, Presidential OG, God’s Gift, Northern Lights and many more.
• Who can benefit from indica? It can be used to alleviate symptoms of illnesses like multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, lupus, sleep apnea, Parkinson’s disease, arthritis, inflammation, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy and PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome). On top of that, it can improve anxiety disorders like OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), panic attacks and generalised anxiety disorder.
Hybrid strains refer to the crossbreeding between the two strains. The cannabis products showcase a mixture of the properties of the two strains. With their unique properties, hybrid strains help patients to experience a more personalized and effective treatment plan. Favorite strains include Swamp Boys Seeds, Trainwreck, OG Kush, White Widow, Tangerine Dream, Blue Dream and many more.